On the last night of the cooking class offered by Cornell Hotel School to non-Hotel School students,
with my Argentinian friend and classmate Victoria (winter 1998).
An Alphabet of My Likes and Dislikes
- Sarah R. Labensky / Alan M. Hause: On Cooking
- Moosewood Collective: Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home – Fast and Easy Recipes for Any Day
- Lorenz Books: Around the World Cookbook
- Duncan MacDonald / Robb Sagendorph: Old-Time New England Cookbook
- Rex Stout, et al.: The Nero Wolfe Cookbook
Other Food-Related Book Reviews
- Felines at War, or: Celebrity Death Match Review Elimination Tournament Review: Mrs Beeton’s Book of Household Management (16) vs. War and Peace (17)
- Tania (Karen) Blixen: Babette’s Feast
- Robin Whiteman & Rob Talbot: Brother Cadfael’s Herb Garden / Robin Whiteman: The Cadfael Companion
- Joanne Fluke / Laura Levine / Leslie Meier: Candy Cane Murder
- Donna Andrews: The Gift of the Magpie … and Yule Candles, Candy, and Other Christmas Cheer
Food Shopping Splurges
- Summer Splurges (AKA: Be Good to Yourself)
- Stratford-upon-Avon – Oxford – London: Shakespeare, Hogwarts and Shopping
- Be good to yourself, they said.
- Happy Mother’s Day – with tartufi, Florentine cookies and other goodies from my favorite tea, chocolate, and specialty food store.
- Fancy Food Shopping Splurge; or, the Cats and the Candle
Gewürz- und Teehaus Schnorr (Frankfurt, Germany)
Fortnum & Mason’s Food Hall (London, UK)
Whittard of Chelsea (UK)
Dinner Is Served!
- Spaghetti Marinara
- Bami Goreng
- Family Christmas Traditions – including Christmas dinner en famille
- Two Favorite Chinese Dishes
- Our Traditional New Year’s Eve Dinner: Wieners & Potato Salad
- Mexican Food: Mini beef tortillas with potato wedges, sour cream, and a salsa & guacamole dip
- Vegetable Dinner
- A Mother’s Day Memory: asparagus, art, and a red rose bouquet.
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Spicy Red Pepper Pesto
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Latkes: the Chinese Sweet Water Chestnut Version
- Chili con Carne & Fresh Pineapple
- First Day of Carnival in the Rhine Valley: Dinner – potato pancakes, apple sauce, a donut, and “Fassbrause” (alcohol-free lemonade made from beer)
- Red Thai Curry
- Mexican Food: Chili and Cheese Nuggets, and Beef Enchilada
Tea, Coffee, Dessert, and Treats
- Tea, Chocolates, and a Book
- Sherry Cream Dessert
- Candlelight Breakfast and a Book
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Flambé Cherries (Cherries Jubilee)
- Poppy Seedcake
- Holiday Treats
- My Wassail Bowl and Favorite Spicy Drink
- Donuts for Hanukkah
- Halloween Bingo 2019 PreParty — Question for 08/14 (Day 14): Halloween Bingo Reading Snacks and Drinks?
- Halloween Bingo 2019 PreParty — Question for 08/14 (Day 14): Halloween Bingo Reading Snacks and Drinks … Part 2: The Snacks
- KitKat Flavors
- Coffee and Pastries
- A Book, a Mug (of Tea), and Chocolate Truffles
- St. Nicholas’ Day Goodies
- A Cup of Christmas Goodies
- Christmas Pudding
- Christmas Tea, a Book, and a Candle
Other Food-Related Blog Posts
- Bibliophile Easter Eggs 2015: Books, beauty products, and goodies from Fortnum & Mason’s and Whittard of Chelsea
- 15 authors to read based on your favorite drinks
- Food humor: Your favorite authors, reimagined as breakfast cereal mascots
- Food art: Charles Roux – Fictitious Meals
- The Twelve Tasks of the Festive Season – Task the Second: The Silent Nights; and Task the Third: The Holiday Party
- The Twelve Tasks of the Festive Season – A Visit to the Christmas Market
- The Telegraph: Germany’s 10 best Christmas Markets
- Food humor: Simon’s Cat – Fowl Play
- Eurovision Song Contest 2018 … and comfort food.
- Necessary ingredients for a Stay Inside Festival
- A Summer Saturday Afternoon in “Balconya” …
- Happy Halloween – à la française, with Corsican wine.
- Tea Shelf Organization
- Pumuckl’s Footprints, or, “Do you believe in Santa Claus?”: Is it cherry ice cream … or Quark with cherry compote?
- Christmas Dinner with Mark Twain (the fictitious, all you can eat version.)
- Bookish friends are the best: Thank you so much, BT!! – for my brand new supersized Lord Peter and Harriet mug, that is.
- Cheshire Cat Mug
- Mug Shots: my favorite tea mugs
- Halloween Bingo 2019: Eighteenth and Nineteenth Extra Square – Magical Realism & Darkest London (with Joanne Harris’s Chocolat for the Magical Realism square)
- Creature Comforts: Cats, books tea, treats, music, candles … and comfort socks.
- Hoarding: The Figures – the COVID epidemic strikes, and stores are out of everyday food items.
- Staying Zen in Stressful Times: with books, music, my cats, tea and chocolate!
(Except as otherwise noted, all images in this post mine.)