24 Festive Tasks: Door 14 – Hanukkah, Task 2:
Light 9 candles each representing something you’re thankful for (share a picture with us; sharing anything else is optional).
Some of the things for which I am grateful this holiday season:
- My mom and the fact that, at age 80 (just this year) she is still around and well enough to manage her own affairs;
- My beautiful, darling new fur babies, Sunny and Charlie; and all the cats in my life — Teddy and all that he taught me about cats who haven’t grown up around humans, as well as my much-missed first trio, Gypsy, Holly and Tiger;
- My BFF and our almost 4 decades of friendship;
- Books (and more books);
- The BookLikes community and the fact that, against all odds, it’s still around and feeling closer than ever;
- My continued good health;
- My true and trusted work relationships;
- The treasures of our world, both natural and man-made, which miraculously we haven’t managed to eradicate entirely just yet — and by the same token, every single person contributing to the preservation of peace on earth, justice and sanity, in however little or big way they can;
- 2 days of absolute and uninterrupted bliss, quiet and relaxation on Christmas and Boxing Day.